COVID-19 Testing Program
About the Program
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) is providing schools with free COVID-19 screening systems. Ouray School has elected to do a school service model that will be FREE and VOLUNTARY for any staff member or student regardless of vaccination status. The program provides the school with all of the materials that it needs. The weekly screening tool is an Abbot BINAX rapid antigen test with results in about 15 minutes.
- This program is voluntary and students under the age of 18 are required to have parental or guardian consent on file in order to participate.
- Weekly testing will take place on Tuesday mornings.
- All students in participating schools with parental consent on file for this COVID-19 school testing program are eligible to receive monetary incentives regardless of their current vaccination status. While K-12 school staff are able to be tested, they are not eligible for individual incentives.
LEARN MORE FROM CDPHE: Free COVID-19 School Screening Testing Program For Colorado Schools
All students participating in the program MUST have a parent consent form on file. Parents need only complete the consent form one time.
Colorado Financial Incentive Program
- A participating school can receive $2.50 in administrative support for each test that is conducted through this program. The school will receive this financial support retroactively and on a monthly basis. Colorado Department of Education (CDE) will be working closely with schools to deliver this financial support. Schools can enroll in the screening program and choose to opt out of this per test financial support.
- A participating student will receive $25 for the first COVID-19 test that is administered through this program. Students then receive $10 for every subsequent test administered each week (at a maximum of one incentive per week). Students will not receive this financial incentive if the school opts out of the incentive program.
- A participating student in a participating school will receive student incentives. The student will receive a gift card monthly and retroactively. For example, if your student is tested in September, they will receive a gift card loaded with their total incentives for September in October.