The primary goal of Ouray School District is to ensure the health and safety of our students and staff and focus on continued success with in-person learning with as few barriers as possible. We will work to provide a healthy and safe environment based on up-to-date scientific data with the flexibility to make changes to support our goal to maximize in-person learning while reducing risk. The following guidance is built on the most current guidelines and conditions, but these may change. Public health guidelines may alter in response to new conditions including new variants of COVID-19.
- Providing a safe working and learning environment.
- Providing high quality in-person instruction with adaptability for emergency situations.
- Providing support for the social and emotional needs of staff and students.
Expanded Learning Opportunities
School will look more normal for all students this year. Here are some highlights from our school operations plan, which will be available next week during registration..
- Classroom rugs and materials in elementary rooms
- Elementary students will have electives in enrichment classrooms
- All grades will use the lunchroom with increased outdoor seating
- Locker use for all grade levels
- Increased electives for all secondary students
- Full course schedule for high school
- Increased capacity on school transportation
- Student travel opportunities will return
- Visitors allowed in classrooms, including parent presentations
- Classroom volunteers allowed if vaccinated
- Clubs and organizations may meet in-person across grade levels
- Expanded audience participation for school events
Metrics for Restrictions
- County and region transmission rate
- School and county vaccination rate for teens
- staff and student mask wearing;
- school vaccination levels at 80%* or above; or
- weekly serial COVID-19 testing
Current Vaccination Rates
|Elementary (K-4)||Middle (5-8)||High (9-12)|
(64.3% of eligible)