Ouray School will make decisions regarding the cancellation of school due to inclement weather with the collaboration of our transportation department and local road and emergency crews. We will make every effort to have school as long as the roads are safe to run the bus route and the building can be prepared to host staff and students. At the same time, we respect the needs of individual staff and families who may live further from our bus routes to make decisions based on their own local conditions.
Here are some guidelines from the school.
- To the best of its ability, the school will use its emergency alert system of text, phone, and email to communicate school closure or delays by 6:00AM.
- Delays due to travel conditions will be excused.
In the event of school cancellation, the following will also take place.
- No staff or students are to report to the building, with the exception of maintenance staff.
- The orange/black schedule rotation will remain as calendared and not a make-up of the day that was missed.
- There will be no online learning as a substitute for in-person learning. Students may catch up on work.
- No athletic or after-school activities will take place.
- If no additional information is provided, then the school will be in session on the next school day.